NerVe Clan
  Home   Forum   Help Arcade Search Members AoE3 Recs Login Register   *
Overview
Author: Flammifer
A basic overview of the features the AoE3 Rec Mod adds to SMF.
Within SMF
Author: Flammifer
Why the Mod Works the Way it Does
Please Register to Download the Mod
You will need to register to download the mod. Feed back is appreciated.  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem!  (Read 3664 times)
Aedy
Villager

« on: Sep 22, 13, 05:30:05 AM »

Hi Flammifer.
I've installed SMF Rec Mod v0.7.3 on my SMF v1.1.11.
Now the problem is Elo rating isn't working.
And I want to install that Rec Mod to my PHPbb Forum. Is that possible?
Please give me solutions.

Thank you.
Flammifer
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 13, 08:40:43 PM »

Hi, glad you got it working.

Elo ratings, that's just the link to the site with those right? In the detailed view? I think the old Elo site went down. A quick google search pointed me to http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/ for current Elo ratings in AoE3. If that's what your after I can tell you exactly how to edit the single line of code to do so.

PHPBB is a completely different forum. I won't tell you it's impossible. And the SMF mod would be useful to someone developing it. But it would take many hours from someone who knew PHPBB well to make it. If I were to get back to working on this it would be for SMF2 but given how old the game is I'm not interested in doing this.

Aedy
Villager

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 13, 12:06:21 AM »

Hi Flammifer.

Elo ratings, that's just the link to the site with those right? In the detailed view? I think the old Elo site went down. A quick google search pointed me to http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/ for current Elo ratings in AoE3. If that's what your after I can tell you exactly how to edit the single line of code to do so.

Yes! Exactly, I've the same problem. Please give me new code to fix it.

Thank you Flammifer. Smiley
Flammifer
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 13, 12:52:22 AM »

I was looking at the Elo site and noticed that it doesn't show every rating a player has on one page. It will only show one combination of game (vanilla, TWC or TAD) and mode (supremacy, deathmatch, treaty). I can add a few lines to deal with the all of the cases, or I can just link to one (TAD Supremacy I'd guess).

Aedy
Villager

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 13, 03:33:18 AM »

Hi Flammifer.
Do anything you want, no problem. Smiley

Thank you.
Flammifer
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Sep 23, 13, 02:39:39 PM »

Okay, lets keep it simple for now then.

You'll either need to unzip the package, make the changes on your PC and then upload to overwrite the old file or, if your webhost has a tool to do so, edit the file directly. You can use any basic text editor, notepad, textpad, etc. But not a word processor such as Word.

The file is in the '/Themes/default/' folder and is named aoe3recs.template.php

Line 404 of aoe3recs.template.php currently reads
Code:
<span class="smalltext"><a href="http://www.elorating.com/portal/portal/default/Players/AOE3PlayerPortletWindow?op=setSearch&searchString=' . $Player['name'] . '&action=2">elo</a></span>';

change it to
Code:
<span class="smalltext"><a href="http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player?n=' . $Player['name'] . '&t=age3SPOverall">elo</a></span>';

and the Elo link will point to the players' TAD Supremacy page on the current Elo site. I hope that wasn't too complicated or too light on directions. After doing a lot of this sort of stuff I can forget how tricky it can be if you're not familiar with it. Please feel free to ask questions if you get confused.

Aedy
Villager

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 13, 03:29:07 AM »

Hi Flammifer.
That code changes worked! Smiley Now I'm able to get Elo rating.
Really thank you. <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: